Breaking News

Didier Ovono Pens New Deal with Paris FC

Former Gabon goalkeeper, Didier Ovon has joined France League 2 club Paris FC on a one-year contract.

The deal was announced by the French club via twitter Tuesday 8 August 2017. 



The 34-year-old was no longer on contract with Belgian side Ostende, where he played for four seasons.

Upon signing, Ovono said, "I came to Paris FC to help if needed, bring my experience and my charisma. I like talking. I've always been a leader and a big brother.”

“The group is young so if I can give some advice to the players... "But can also count on me to work hard on a daily basis in order to be ready if it appealed to me", the Gabonese added.

Ovono announced his retirement from international football in May.

He won 106 caps over 14 years and was part of Gabon's Africa Cup of Nations squads in 2010, 2012, 2015 and 2017.

The keeper has already evolved in two French clubs: Le Mans (2009-2012) and Sochaux (2012-2013).

No comments