Breaking News

Buea Mayor and University Don Become First 3-On-3 Basketball Honorary Presidents




The Mayor of Buea, Lord Dr. Ekema Patrick Esunge, and the pro-chancellor to the Catholic University Institute of Buea (CUIB), Rev. Dr. George Nkeze have for the first time been made honorary presidents of the three-on-three basketball in Cameroon.
 
Mayor (right) Receiving Honorary Award


The first to be conferred the title of the honorary president of the three-on-three basketball in Cameroon was the Lord Mayor of Buea, Dr. Ekema Patrick, at 2.30 p.m. in Bonjongo; precisely at the foot of the cradle of Catholicism, West of the Mongo.


Saint Engel Bert Parish Bonjongo



Shortly after the reception of his decorative documents, Mayor Ekema led the entire crowd to Saint Engel Bert Parish Bonjongo, to tap spiritual blessing from the Holy Shrine of the Catholic Diocese of Buea. 




In an interview with this reporter, he said: “I am particularly happy with this award which took me on surprize, it is a good thing not only for me but for the municipality. I think the council law states that when you have been commissioned to a duty, perform it with commitment. For the federation, I thank them much and will try to support with my quota for the growth of my country using means available, if no means, I will give them the advice they will surely need.”


 The turn of the CUIB Don, Rev. Dr George Nkeze

Thereafter, the regional president of basketball, Coach Efose Emile Mbella, piloted the three-on-three delegation to the CUIB campus where the president and pro-chancellor of the entrepreneural university, Rev. DR. George Nkeze, was honoured in via the same tradition capacity as the Lord Mayor as far as the teething discipline is concerned in Cameroon. 


 “I am surprised this happened, you know as an entrepreneural university we thought we should support the nitiative of Mr. Titi and his new kind of basketball, we in our university strive to highlight innovations. I think I am surprised, happy and it is also a challenge but I will take it and hope to work more for them considering who we are,”
  Rev. Dr Nkeze talking to his reporter.
National president poses with CUIB Don






Thursday June 4 was however immortalized in the south west region as well as a hall mark for three-on-three, 
perhaps much is yet to come! 






Isifu Wirfengla, Buea, Cameroon.


No comments